Craving something light yet filling for your next meal? This is a recipe you’ll definitely want to consider! I want to introduce you to my Green Goddess Pasta Salad!
What’s in This Green Goddess Pasta Salad?
This heavenly salad includes a variety of vegetables, nuts, herbs, and of course, my favorite, pasta! It’s perfect for the warmer seasons and I love to make a couple extra servings for myself if I happen to be busy the next day and want to meal-prep! The summer especially can be full of travel, plans, and heat, so cooking everyday might not be the ideal option for you, but this recipe is!
I think it’s also a great way to get into the habit of making salads regularly because although it’s critical to maintain a healthy diet, it can seem really daunting and time-consuming to do so initially. But don’t worry, this recipe is super simple, super quick, so let’s get started already!
I’ve separated the list of ingredients into what you’re going to need for the salad itself, and then what you will need for the dressing.
- 6 oz. Penne pasta
- 4 oz. Sliced asparagus
- 4 oz. Steamed and cut green beans
- 1 cup Peas
- ¼ cup Toasted pine nuts
- 2 oz. Fresh spinach
- Approx. 8 Basil leaves
- 12 oz. Bolthouse Farms Avocado Green Goddess dressing
Boil water for pasta. While that’s warming up, steam your green beans.
As we wait, it’s time to start the most important part of what makes a yummy salad (though some of us might not want to admit), the dressing!!
I love to use the brand Bolthouse Farms when it comes to their Avocado Green Goddess dressing, however, I do like to add my own flare to it by incorporating just two simple ingredients, fresh spinach and basil.
Combine the two along with a green goddess dressing of your choice in either a food processor or blender to create a delicious, creamy concoction.
Once your pasta is done cooking along with your steamed green beans, combine your asparagus, peas, toasted pine nuts, and dressing into a bowl and feast on this heavenly meal!
Green Goddess Pasta Salad
For the Salad
- 6 oz Penne pasta
- 4 oz asparagus sliced
- 4 oz green beans steamed and cut
- 1 cup peas
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
For the Dressing
- 2 oz fresh spinach
- 8 leaves basil
- 12 oz Bolthouse Farms Avocado Green Goddess dressing
- When preparing this salad, I first start out by boiling water for the pasta before I do anything else. It makes things a lot more efficient by giving me ample time to cut any vegetables, as listed in the ingredients section, and start making the dressing for this recipe.
- While that’s warming up, you’re going to then steam your green beans as well.
- As we wait, it’s time to start the most important part of what makes a yummy salad (though some of us might not want to admit), the dressing!
- Combine the fresh spinach and basil, along with a green goddess dressing of your choice, in either a food processor or blender.
- Once your pasta is done cooking along with your steamed green beans, it’s now time to combine your asparagus, peas, toasted pine nuts, and dressing into a bowl and feast on this heavenly meal!
I hope you enjoy this divine recipe, and I would recommend bringing out your own inner god/goddess by enjoying this salad outside on a warm summer day, or even envisioning yourself in a relaxing, vacation-like setting as you take each bite. You’ll love it even more.
I would also greatly appreciate any thoughts and experiences you’d like to share from this recipe by commenting below or tagging me on my instagram @mysavorycravings! It has been amazing to see the support and lovely feedback I’ve gotten already with my most recent uploads, thank you so much. Be sure to check those out as well and stay tuned for more delicious food inspirations coming very soon!
Craving something light yet filling for your next meal? This is a recipe you’ll definitely want to consider!